Saturday 19 March 2016

SDL Dance

In week 6 we started running SDL in the afternoons for the middle syndicate students. SDL stands for Student Directed  Learning. The school's focus for the second half of the term is Art Attack, so in light of that I have been running dance classes in Room 10.

On YouTube I found a video posted by Saskia's Dance School, with young children performing a dance to Meghan Trainor's 'Better When I'm Dancing'.



I chose to use this video to learn the dance with my class and spent two weeks progressing through it. 

On Friday we performed the dance in assembly and the students dos a fantastic job. I was impressed by how committed and keen the students were. Some of the children even practiced at home finding the video on YouTube themselves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment