Monday 19 September 2016

CPD Music

On Saturday the 10th of September I took part in Silver Kodaly training run by NYCoS.  This was a great session led by Lucinda Geoghegan and continued to discuss teaching and learning started in the Bronze course.

In Silver children begin to develop their understanding of diatonic solfa and start to learn about compound time, all still following the philosophy of everything that is taught must first be experienced.

I enjoyed my session on Sunday and think it is great to have an understanding of where students go to next in their solfa as previously I had only worked within the Bronze level. Although it will not be currently used in my teaching practice, it may be useful in the future.

The course has impacted on my teaching practice through introducing me to new games and activities to use when I'm teaching music, and reinforced how to use the NYCoS resources to support children in my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment